Its like almost yesterday I decided to write and never ever expected that I would have a single like , comment and moreover a follower, but this platform gifted me with new friends, followers and mentors. ’50 followers’ it feels really great and this word is really a casual word ‘Thankyou’ but I really mean it. Please join my writing journey and provide your valuable feedback on them.
They began their happily married life without a pinch of happiness. Then began a trail of tragic episodes breaking every single bit of the foundation being laid towards a new phase of life. The awful incidents left a permanant imprint on their lives. He chose to prioritize his life, his choices, his career, his social life and routine; on the other hand she played a vital role in gathering and building a sucessful and happy married life solely. She awaited for his contribution, his acknowledgement, his active presence but he was no where. She believed that someday or some moment he might realize her existence with him. Years passed by but her wait was immortal. Festivals, social functions, household decisions, financial planning he was never interested in any bit of sharing his life with her. She tried all sort of ways to gain his love, attention, care be it by cooking his favourite meals, dressing up the way he liked, showered him with gifts, initiating a healthy discussions but all her efforts were in vain. He always chose his life, his family, his friends, his career she made attempts contributing towards his interests but everything was unrecognised. Years passed by her loneliness took a toll over health…she grew isolated. She lived as if it was only because she was a coward unable to put a fullstop to the ignorant existence she nurtured for years. One fine day she decided to order his favourite meal and his favourite beer for dinner…he left for office; meanwhile she decorated the house with candles and roses ; then got ready the way he likes in a dark wine colour chiffon saree and the same perfume he was mesmerized with ages ago. When he returned he found the parcel lying at the doorstep, he was happy with the food and the ambience recreated. He walked into their bedroom and their she waited for him in the dim moonlight on cozy recliner in the balcony…he was stunned with her beauty but returned to his senses when her cellphone rang. It was from the cake shop about the change in delivery time. He answered the call and passed on the message to her…but she didnt reply…he thought she must have been asleep so he decided to wake her up and tapped on her shoulder. Suddenly her head tossed on the other side and he was shocked with the way she reacted but there was no response from her end. He decided to call the doctor and picked up his cellphone which said one unread message; he reluctantly read it ,” Come soon…waiting for you.”
Once a ten year old child accompanied his mom to visit one of her relatives, which he had never met before, at a five star hospital. The hospital lobby witnessed a weird aura of negativity filled with the smell of medicines, medicated phenol, sorrows and anxieties and posters of smiling faces advertising different medical treatments and products. Many known faces of different relatives some long lost aunts, uncles and fast cousins greeted him. After waiting for an hour or so this little one questioned his mom, busy with the other ladies, “Mom why are they are here or rather why are we here?” His mom smiled and replied,” We are here to meet my uncle, he is serious.” He thought for a while, looked around with his innocent little eyes and tried to analyze the reactions and gestures of his so called relatives. Some were discussing the saas-bahu relations(MIL and DIL issues) , some were discussing property and real estate matters, some were discussing about the business options and exhibiting their products and services, some were recollecting their childhood memories while a few of them were busy with the handheld idiot boxes, i.e. their over smartphones.
There he stood with folded arms and said,”Mom, I feel everyone here is present with a fear of tommorow or may be to protect their public and not so social image. So that tommorow if they are hospitalised or they pass away they should have minimum shoulders to carry their bodies to the final destination. There should be someone to cry behind. Most biggest fears, what would others think of their absence. Some are here for formalities, some are here for a reconnect or to just showcase their household businesses and some are here because they share a common last name.”
Everyone looked at the little boy with utter surprise and turned their faces with may be shame or guilt.
What do you think?
Hello friends! This morning an extremely divine and elegant beauty has bloomed in the mini garden of our breezy and lively balcony.Now let me give you justifications for chaining multiple adjectives here:
1. My balcony is super breezy all the time surrounded by ample of open space and a long streching express highway, which keeps it very lively and gives an optimistic start to my day.
2.This particular alluring Royal Red Hibiscus in my crazy botanical family is so fresh and flourishing crazily with so many buds ready to abloom, so many fresh and exquisite flowers to add on.
To tell you in short, I love my plants just to be my kids. I love talking to them, playing with them, admiring them, spraying splashes of water on them, nurturing them not because they feel good, its because I am revitalised by watching them grow so green and fresh.
She was busy making arrangements for the house warming ceremony. After staying for around five years in a rented house, they managed to buy a 1bhk in the suburbs of Mumbai. He was busy attending the guests but also peeked in every now and then just to watch the satisfaction and immense happiness on her face. She wore a red saree with golden border, a long golden mangalsutra, red bangles and sindoor( red vermilion applied by married Indian women) but more than this her personality today had a different aura. The sparkle in her eyes, contentment on her face had so much more to say.
They both began the ‘Griha Pravesh’ rituals. During the rituals they went through the trailing flashbacks of their married life before they could enter their own apartment. So many ascending mishaps they went through unemployment, theft in their newly entered house, loss in business, death of an elderly and close family member, hospitalisation, accident and increase in debts. These memories gave her a feeling of suffocation and bought tears in her eyes. He held her hand and bought her into the present and whispered ,”Don’t worry . Everything has passed away. We are going to enter our dream and I need you here with me and by me.” She smiled assertively and held his hand for the Griha Pravesh and they put forth their feet into their HOME. Everyone cheered the couple on their new phase of life.
Meals were served, gifts were exchanged and it was time to say Good bye to their friends. They both were also tired…she said, “Dear I just need one warm hug to wind up my day.”
He pulled her and embraced her to just make her feel HOME. On to the bed they lay he asked her ,”What do you want from me today?” She said in a husky tone, “Nothing I am already in my heaven. Now I just need peace.”
She cuddled into his arms and fell asleep. Next morning he got up and watched her sleep as innocent as a child. He thought after a tiring day she should be granted some more relaxation time…so he walked into the kitchen and got her a cup of tea. He moved close to her and whispered, “Darling your bed tea is here…get up before I enter your bed.” She was fast asleep he then moved close to her and started playing his pranks. But there was awful and horrifying feeling when touched her body which was as cold as ice. No sensations, no pulse ticks…he was left clueless, he began calling her names, shaking her to bring her back and suddenly he realized her last words before leaving and tears rolled down his eyes:
This house is my heaven and now I just need peace…..
Watching the rhythm of waves and feeling the warmth of cool breeze they stood at the shoreline of Bandstand. Cloudy monsoon evening it was. Fresh smell of the nature, chirping of birds, aroma and crackling sound of the corn being roasted…. adding to its beauty an old song played on the radio “Jab koi baat bigad jaaye…..tum dena sath mera oo humnava”. Meera turned towards Siddharth with her teary eyes. He too responded back by holding her hand the same way he held it seven years back. So much had passed by in these years…but his touch, his presence or may be only his existence has meant so much for her. Seven years of marriage bought with them diverse experiences good or bad. But one thing that was eternal amongst them was their existence just for each other. It turned dark, he turned towards her and said, “Why don’t you sing aloud….its been years I have just heard you humming into the kitchen, bathroom or just when you seem to be alone?”. She smiled at him with surprise, unaware that he noticed her humming too. She reluctantly said, “Are you gone nuts…gone are the days when I could sing … and here in public noways.” Her naughty smile and the beauty of simplicity in that dim light just made him happy as a man…a woman in her natural ways looks beautiful than any of the beauty pageants he thought. He requested her once again with an unresisting tone….please! She agreed and sang for him the same song she had sung for him at the same place and same time before their wedding around ten years back….
Saathiya yeh tune kya kiya, Beliya yeh tune kya….maine kiya tera intezaar itna karo na mujhe pyar
He was moved hear her sing with same emotions or may be deeper. She ended her song and he questioned her, ” What’s your wish to God ever?”
To which she replied with an optimistic tone, we have parents but they have their own lives and children will have theirs, but you are the one who added potential and meaning to my existence as a person inspite of being with everyone I long for you, crave you. So I just ask my God to couple my existence to yours. I live just to be with you……
Valentine day is round the corner, one of the favourite pass time or workout for us ladies is Shopping. Its not necessary we always buy stuff , just surfing through the market has it own charm. Inspite of the fancy online deals and ecommerce sprees , street shopping has its own importance and craze.
Now, I shifted to Pune about two years back. Pune has its own rich culture and heritage. One of the smart cities among the Indian silicon valley, well known for its educational institutes and universities and proud about the birth of THE GREAT CHHATRAPATI SHIVAJI MAHARAJ in this very city of Brave countrymen. Also Pune is world famous for its ‘Puneri Patya’ (writings or notice for public information with sarcastic tone)and ‘Traditional Peth’ which belonged to the domicile Brahmans.
Now coming to the shopping mode, Pune also has this crazy shopping lanes which call street shopping specialized for traditional, branded, Indo western, western all versatile shopping trends then you could go made over the budget and diverse footwear range, handicraft, furniture, antiques, metals and what not.
So let me share with you some of the hot destinations in Pune (beware of pickpocketers through the crowd specially on weekends):
- Laxmi Road: Ranging from Alka Talkies to the Cantonment area. Beware this area of Old Pune is quiet confusing with the interconnected narrow lanes of Sadashiv peth, Ravivar peth, Mangalvar peth n much more. Surrounded by Shanivaar wada and world famous shrine of ‘Shreemant Dagdusheth Ganapati’. Laxmi road is famous for its traditional apparels, traditional footwear, traditional decor handicraft items, branded jewellers and also ‘Puneri Bana’ (puneri attitude, so do not carry yours…just kidding).
- Tulsibaug: All you can find here traditional and beautiful copper, brass and bronze articles. You would also find a range of female products from apparels, imitation jewellery, daily care products, household items and much more.
- Bajirao Road: This lane would cater your needs of all the wood work or furniture. It stretches from Shanivaar Wada to the Puram Road. For those who like to design their own furniture, do so and get one of these shops here to execute for you.
- Juna Bazaar(Mangalwar Peth): Here the name itself indicates ‘Old Market of Pune’. From hardware tools to fancy yet delicate pieces of jewellery; from clothes to shoes and cosmetics, get them here. If you are into collecting old coins, this might just be the right place for you to go shopping and enhance that collection.This market is operational every Wednesday and Sunday on the road leading to Vir Santaji Ghorpade Path.
- Phule Market(Shukrawar Peth):an open air market comprising of more than 500 stalls selling fresh fruit and vegetable produce? With so much competition, prices are low and customers have a great variety to choose from here. This market has been in existence since the British era in India and locals maximize on the opportunity and stock up their kitchens with the produce on sale here. Exciting sight of colourful fruits and fresh vegetables all around you. This happens to be a chef’s heaven and a homemakers delight.
- Hongkong Lane: Near Garware Bridge in Pune, one will find the famous and ever crowded.Going by the name itself, one can guess what lies in store here. The place is lined with little shops and stores that sell items that have been imported from the South Asian countries bordering India.
- Fashion Street:No fashion trend is left out with these stalls catering to all your needs – be it the grunge or gothic look, that 70’s madness or even the latest trends that have taken the fashion world by storm. From belt bottoms to drain pipe jeans, low waist to tank tops, hats and caps to shades and belts, this market has it all. This place will literally bring out the fashionista in you.
- FC Road or GOKHALE road: Amidst the young crowd of law colleges, institutes is this shopping street offering budget as well as designets options of apparels, footwear, foodjpints etc. Branded clothing options would be Biba, FabIndia, Van heusen etc. Tired with all the shopping you have delicious food joints such as Vaishali, venkys, Wadeshwar, Starbucks, GoodLuck Cafe etc.
Huffff! I am finally tired loitering around so many places. If you are a shopping freak like me, do get your bf, husband alongwith you to carry your shopping bags…..just kidding. So whats your plan for the weekend? This can be your stress buster and a multipurpose workout. Punekars please add to this list some amazing places you have explored. Till then bye….am off to my shopping spree this weekend….(God bless my husband….lol)